2. After you have cleaned the units thoroughly:
3. Turn off the power at the wall.
4. Disconnect external hoses, flush out with warm water and leave to dry.
5. After the units are all dry, reconnect the hoses (but do not turn on the water).
By following these steps your ice machine should be ready for its hibernation period - reducing the build-up of any mould, limescale and bacteria.
Prepare the blast chiller for shutdown. You will need a flat head screwdriver.
- Switch of the unit at the wall socket.
- Access the evaporator internally by removing the two flat head screws on the right-hand side on the panel holding the fan.
- Use a soft brush to clean the evaporator.
- When finished, secure the panel with the two screws.
- If your model has a condensing tray underneath, pull the tray out from the front of the unit, empty it, and wash it down with warm soapy water.
- Clean the external condenser by pulling off the front grill, brushing away all the dirt, and vacuuming the grill to remove residual dust.
- Wipe out the internal area of the blast chiller using a nonabrasive cloth and a neutral detergent.
- Once cleaned, leave the door ajar to allow the internals to dry and allow air flow during the lockdown period.
For more information, check the cleaning instructions in your SKOPE model's user manual.